DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an International Dubbing Production Assistant to join its team. The International Dubbing Production Assistant position is a role that supports the DWA International Dubbing Translations department. This position assists the Translations Dubbing Manager overseeing the localization process for DWA TV in 40+ languages.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Assist Manager in creating and maintaining translation charts (glossaries) to be used for reference by dubbing studios, QC teams, Subtitling and by all involved within departments at both DWA and NBCUniversal.
- Track and accurately organize existing translation material on the shared server and collaboration site for easy access when needed.
- Help to liaise with Trademark/Legal to clear all approved localized main titles for the intended use.
- Under the guidance of the International Dubbing Translations Manger, follow up with all translation queries from dubbing studios and any dubbing contributors. Conduct research to resolve the issues and update documentation as necessary.
- Aid with episodic Key Names and Phrases (KNP) creation with dubbing consultant and distribute them to studios for scripts translation.
- Assist Manager liaising with subtitle vendors for translation reference material availability and addressing any related subtitling translation issues.
- Help Manager with initiating song translation projects for our TV shows and any other translation project commissioned by other departments at both DWA and NBCUniversal.
- Support processing any translations invoice needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience in localization (dubbing, subtitling, translations, etc) with strong understanding and interest in languages preferred
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe and internet software
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in Entertainment Industry
• Self-motivated, self-starter
• Ability to multitask and set priorities
• Detailed and organized
• Bilingual/Multilingual language skills strongly preferred
DreamWorks Animation TV Production
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.