At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Directors lead an episodic storyboard team to ensure that the style, vision, and creative ambitions for the storyboards are met for each of their assigned episodes. Working closely with the Storyboard Artists and Revisionists, our Directors are also providing guidance and mentorship to their team. Directors also collaborate with the Animatic Editors to deliver animatics that meet the style and pacing of the show.
DreamWorks Animation Television has exciting new opportunities for Directors to join its in-house team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. We are seeking candidates who are familiar with the animation pipeline and experienced in drawing storyboards.
- Collaborate with the Executive & Supervising Producer(s) and Supervising Director to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode
- Prepare for and lead storyboard handouts by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Storyboard team
- Participate in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes for revisions
- Evaluate the continuity and quality of all storyboards and punch up the storyboards and/or animatics as needed
- Review animatics with Animatic Editors to direct pacing
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback throughout the show on the progress of their team.
- Mentor and support the Storyboard team and cultivate positive team morale
● Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
● Advanced knowledge of Storyboard Pro and Photoshop
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment
● At least 5 years of experience as a Storyboard Artist working in television animation
● Prior Storyboard Directing experience
● Bachelor degree preferred
● Ideal candidates will be able to provide storyboard samples
DreamWorks Animation TV Production
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!