As an integral part of the Post Production Editorial pipeline, the Apprentice Editor will work under the lead Assistant Editor to assist the Post Picture Editors in their day to day tasks. They will receive tasks from the Post Production Supervisors while working closely with the Picture Editors to gain a greater understanding of the editorial process for Animation Post Production.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Importing shots and animatic materials using a file based workflow for use in assembling shows on both 2D and 3D CG productions.
- Export sequences through various stages of the Post Production pipeline to multiple QuickTime formats.
- Import and cut in shot updates.
- Perform tasks on Avid Nexis Products to include media management of workspaces and basic maintenance such as deleting precomputes and organizing media.
- Assemble and update show credits using Photoshop and Avid MC.
● Will need to be very organized and capable of multi-tasking as they will be receiving requests from multiple parties, often simultaneously.
● Must be an independent, self-starter who can also work well within a team.
● Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
● Comfortable working in fast paced environment and operating with a sense of urgency.
● Knowledge of video post production is preferred.
● Experience with Non-linear editing software is preferred.
● Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
● Experience with AVID Media Composer/Symphony is preferred.
● 1-2 years of TV Animation workflow experience is a plus.
DreamWorks Animation TV Production
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.