Herchend Family Entertainment
Herschend Entertainment Studios (“HES”) is the media arm of Herschend Enterprises (“HE”). HES develops and produce wholesome entertainment for television, film, publishing and other media, including the current on-air media properties, Chuggington and Splash and Bubbles. HE is a family of companies focused on family entertainment, including Herschend Family Entertainment (Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, etc.), Herschend Live (Harlem Globetrotters, Halo Outpost Discovery), Herschend Entertainment Studios and Pink® Adventure Tours. Herschend’s companies entertain over 14 million guests annually.
The Director of Development reports to the Vice President of Development and Production and will work closely with the HES team and be responsible for the following:
- DEVELOPMENT: Co-lead, alongside VP, the creation and cultivation of the Herschend Entertainment Studios development slate to include writers searches, partnership identification and cultivation, co-development of initial concepts and pitch decks, feedback on all creative submitted by creators and partners, franchise plan creation, etc. Development slate consists of:
- HOMEGROWN IP (IP within the HE portfolio)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Identify and evaluate brands, existing IP, characters, capabilities, literary materials, etc. to option or acquire upon request
- Represent Herschend Entertainment Studios at industry conferences and events (e.g. Kidscreen, MIP Jr, etc.)
- Draft Statements of Work for new contractors and partners and liaise with legal and executive team leadership to get contracts fully executed
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities to enhance Herschend Entertainment Studios growth trajectory
- Provide research and analysis upon request on entertainment industry marketing and development trends, IP history, etc.
- PRODUCTION: Fulfill responsibilities associated with the studio producer role on existing and future greenlit IP (e.g., build relationships with creators and partners, provide feedback on pre-production, production, and post.)
- MANAGEMENT: Manage relationships with contractors and specialists on development and production projects.
- Must demonstrate a passion for media, entertainment and development
- Professional communication and demeanor
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexible
- BA or BS degree from an accredited university, preferably in Film Production, Screenwriting, Business, or Marketing, or equivalent industry experience
- Needs to have held a Creative Executive title; preference given to those with Director of Development title
- Minimum experience in the industry – 5 years
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!