Full Time – Arcana Studio (Current Remote Position) – Burnaby
Arcana Studio is looking for a talented and driven Render Engineer to join our growing team.
The primary responsibility of the Rendering Engineer is to develop rendering subsystems in a render engine (Unity, Unreal, Arnold, Redshift) for optimized GPU based rendering for animated film production. As a Rendering Engineer, you’ll be responsible for executing on rendering features meeting our film’s artistic vision, and will be working hand-in-hand with our CG Supervisor and artists. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for render engines and feature film production.
- Architect, refactor and maintain rendering pipelines and features.
- Design, write, debug and refine rendering systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed to work with animated programs such as Maya and Blender.
- Work with the director and CG supervisor in developing a films “look”.
- Experience with computer game or film technologies including: Camera systems, AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
- 4+ years rendering programming experience.
- Contributed extensively to the development of at least one shipped game or film utilzing a major real time render engine.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Proficient in lighting, fx, post processing, shaders.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, python, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Profile and performance tuning of rendering code, including experience with PIX & GPAD.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong passion for films and video games of many kinds!
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- mechanical engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!