Regent Park Film Festival
Job Posting: Digital Festival Coordinator
As part of our commitment to anti-oppression values and advancing equity and inclusion in the Canadian media industry and arts community, this position prioritizes Regent Park residents and applicants who identify as Black, Indigenous, a Person of Color, queer, trans, non-binary, a woman, a person with a disability or a combination of these identities. We encourage you to self-identify in your application.
About the Regent Park Film Festival (RPFF)
Created in 2003, RPFF is Toronto’s longest running free film festival and is the sole
community film festival in Canada’s largest and oldest public housing neighbourhood. RPFF
is dedicated to showcasing local and international independent works relevant to the key
communities we serve: Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities,
people who are low-income, people who live in public housing, and Regent Park residents.
The films we present reflect key themes such as, immigration, urban issues, race, gender
and cultural identity. RPFF’s mandate is to organize free year-round screenings, panel
discussions, professional training and an annual film festival.
About the position
- Contract duration: September 8, 2020 to December 11, 2020
- Hours: 8 hours a day, 4 days a week September 7-October 31 and December 1-11, 5
days a week in November 2020. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Compensation: $18/hour
- Place of work: RPFF office (remote work at home due to COVID)
- Reports to: Manager of Operations
About the role
- ● Assist the Manager of Operations in technical event coordination and production of live and pre-recorded content
- ● Assist Manager of Operations in working with RPFF programming staff, filmmakers, distributors, programming partners and panellists, to ensure all technical requirements for live and prerecorded programming is communicated, tested, confirmed and delivered for an online format
- ● Assist Manager of Operations in managing digital film traffic
- ● Work with marketing and outreach staff to incorporate graphics and other visual
assets (logos, deadcards, trailers etc.)
The Digital Festival Coordinator will assist the Manager of Operations at the Regent Park
Film Festival in producing and delivering the 18th Annual Regent Park Film Festival online in
- ● Assist in moderating chat during live streams
- ● Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot issues for artists and audience members
- ● Coordinate accessibility for live and pre-recorded content (securing captioning and
About the ideal candidate
The turn to digital events at this scale is new to RPFF and to the arts sector as a whole. We are still learning about what our digital needs are and recognize that potential candidates for this role are also adapting their skills to a new context.
- ● Adept at learning new technologies, digital platforms and software
- ● Strong technical problem solving skills, ability to direction and take initiative
- ● Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- ● Able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- ● Strong oral and written communication skills
- ● Ability to work independently and in a small team
- ● Computer literacy and comfort with remote work (Mac, Gmail and G Suite for
collaborative work, web, Asana, Keela, WordPress etc.)
- ● Understanding of equity, anti-oppression and anti-racism and applying these
approaches to one’s work
- ● Experience in tech coordination for online/digital events (virtual conferences,
screenings, panels, webinars, performances, DJed parties etc.)
- ● Experience with live and prerecorded event production using online platforms and
technology: Twitch, Facebook & Instagram Live, Cinesend, OBS, Zoom etc.
- ● Experience with video recording and editing
- ● Experience in film festival or media arts programming or related (arts administration,
- ● Understanding of Regent Park’s communities and context
Email your cover letter and resume. Include in the subject line: ATTN: Hiring Committee – Digital Festival Coordinator.
If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
Deadline: Friday, August 28th at 11:59pm. Interviews to take place over video chat the following week. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!