OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox SportsFOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
We are looking for a Crewing Coordinator to join our team in Playa Vista, CA. As our Crewing Coordinator, you will coordinate and collaborate on all live events with department Vice Presidents, Directors and Crew Managers as well as other Department Directors. Duties include coordinating all freelancer travel bookings and schedules for all assigned packages. This includes but not limited to final approvals. In addition, you will support the entire department, as well as other departments, with managing & executing all of our freelancers hires via internal hiring processes; FACTS, FESS, I-9 VERIFICATION, ONLINE TRAVEL, CONCUR & ONBOARDING. Also responsible for understanding basic wage and hour laws as it pertains to working close with department heads on negotiating and distributing deal confirmations for each season.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and disseminate accurate information to department VP, Directors, Managers and Sr. Crew Coordinators as well as other departments engaged in projects
- Manage freelancer travel arrangements, crew schedules, crew sheets, union obligations, payroll information, reimbursement information, etc.
- Final approvals on all compliant travel
- Ability to report up and manage across all departments
- Coordinate building of all show templates and ensure payroll data being entered by them or others in department
- Manage department systems, including all aspects of freelance employee hiring (I-9, payroll processing, union affiliation, position), travel (staff and freelance), and temp assistants and their schedules
- Ability to make smart decisions and seek assistance based on information provided as it relates to all the above to keep company compliant
- General office coordination, ordering of supplies and deal with all building issues/concerns for entire department
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Background in basic on-site event; familiarity and crewing preferred
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Must have basic understanding of how to work with managers on budgets and complements
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required
- Be able to build financial spreadsheets using basic math
- Excel, Word, Outlook, FACTS(crew/payroll database), FNG SYSTEM, Sharepoint, Basecamp
- Excellent organizational skills while having the ability to multitask ,yet ask for proper direction when applicable. Independent thinker and ability to educate self with information provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit foxcareers.com.