Project Type: Short Film
Job Date: Various
Compensation: Dependant on Position
Union Status: Non-Union
Looking for the following crew to collaborate on a short film:
- Director of Photography
- 1st AC
- 2nd AC
- Sound Designer / Composer
- On-Set Sound Recordist
- Boom Operator
- Art Director / Production Designer
- 1st AD
- Script Supervisor
Location: Toronto / GTA
Dates: 1 day shoot in mid-September (proof of concept) + 1-2 days of rehearsals + 4-5 days shoot in December/January (full short)
Pay: UNPAID for 1-day shoot and rehearsals (food and transportation covered); PAID for remaining 4-5 days, contingent on funding
Union Status: Non-union
About the Project: The film follows an Indian classical dancer as she auditions for a prestigious dance conservatory. A story about artistic ambition, cultural identity, and the cost of success.
About You: You are passionate, competent, and ambitious. You have a positive attitude, respect for your peers, and zero cynicism. You love and are good at what you do, you believe in true collaboration, and you want to make something great.
Inclusion: The film centers a woman of color. People of color, women, and LGBTQ2+ are especially encouraged to reach out.
If you’re interested, please send us the following with the role you are interested in the subject line!
- Your name, contact information, and general availability
- Your production experience, i.e. a list of projects you have worked on (whether in progress or complete) and your role in each of them
- Your portfolio, reel, work samples, etc. (if applicable)
- Your top 3 favorite films
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org