The Creative department at VICE+ is a diverse team of entrepreneurial creatives who live and breathe culture and are passionate about the work we create. The team concepts, develops and pitches ideas for our brand partners, driving their vision through production, post production, distribution and activation. The team leverages the power and authenticity of the VICE voice to create award-winning programs for clients that are forward-thinking, socially conscious and culturally relevant.
- Lead a team of approximately five creatives, mentoring, inspiring and growing direct reports
- Ensure team members are immersed in culture, understand the VICE Voice, are familiar with VICE content
- Help your team develop a clear creative vision for each pitch, program and other project and clearly communicate about and advocate for their vision internally and with clients
- Create a positive, collaborative, supportive culture by being solution-oriented, and encouraging accountability and respect
- Work in tandem with peers and creative studio leadership to create cohesive structure and process
- Support creative studio and VICE+ OKRs
- Help your team achieve creative excellence and unprecedented levels of output within a very demanding, sales-driven revenue organization
- Guide your team to closely analyze agency and client briefs, developing unique, culturally relevant ideas for videos, interactive, branded editorial, events and more
- Help the team translate these ideas into keynote slides that effectively communicate the ideas, and show how they support the brief and will succeed with the VICE audience
- Lead your reports to maximum collaboration, ingenuity and accountability:
- Partner with client strategy and sales team to ensure the creative idea answers the agency’s brief and puts VICE in the strongest position to close
- Ideate with the design team to develop art direction and visual identities
- Work closely with production to make sure they understand how each idea will be brought to life and the cost implications of each creative decision
- Communicate with the media team to ensure ideas and distribution tactics match up and support client KPIs
- Collaborate with other teams including account services, research & insights, editorial and VICELAND as needed
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of your team’s pitch submissions
- Help your team prioritize and juggle pitching alongside post-sale production responsibilities
- Oversee execution of your team’s sold creative concepts and programs, ensuring the highest quality creative output delivered within deadline and on budget
- Guide creatives through the production process including pre, production and post
- Balance client and audience needs to ensure content and events will succeed with our audience and meet client KPIs
- Help your team achieve flawless collaboration with all post-sale teams, including production and account services
- Ensure your team is fully involved in productions, while also balancing pre-sale pitch needs
- 8+ years experience spanning editorial, design, agency, film, events, branded content
- Strong understanding and experience in the production process (pre/production/post) and experience working closely with directors
- A history working with brands and leading creative teams to create successful, culturally relevant content
- Deep knowledge and interest in digital media, social media, content & technology
- Strong grasp of brand strategy
- Keynote expertise
- Passion, positivity, self-motivation, perseverance
- VICE is an incredibly fast-paced and creatively demanding environment and creatives will have to balance many projects at once with tight deadlines and production schedules
***You MUST submit a link to your portfolio in order to be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To apply for this job please visit company.vice.com.