Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
The Director of Content creates and develops new, original programming for Magnolia, the joint venture with Chip and Joanna Gaines, as well as manages all aspects of original commissioned productions. The Director reviews and steers show treatments, scripts, music, production, show cuts to ensure brand specifications and excellent production standards and manages ongoing series. They are also responsible for identifying and developing new talent across a variety of platforms including linear, social and direct-to-consumer.
- Directs and manages all aspects of the original production projects
- Identifies and develops original programs for multiple platforms including linear, social and direct to consumer
- Ensures production quality and adherence to established budgets and schedules
- Directs professionals who oversee the implementation of original programming projects
- Communicates brand and platform strategies with production community
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team, adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Makes decisions guided by established goals and objectives
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BS/BA from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience at production company or network
- Showrunner experience preferable
- Knowledge of brand specific lifestyle programming and popular culture across all platforms
- Knowledge of brand specific tools, trends, styles, methods and materials
- Knowledge of production
- Ability to balance entertainment and information in programming
- Ability to identify, analyze and effectively critique content and storytelling
- Ability to manage the production process from concept to air or to other platforms
- Excellent writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
- Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
- Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.discovery.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!