Project Type: Animation
Job Date: Ongoing
Union Status: Non-Union
The Color Designer will work directly with the Art Director and Director(s) to ensure the consistency of color models and assets in relation to backgrounds throughout the series.
• Work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Art Director on all aspects of the series’ look, color and mood
• Obtain Creative Leadership approval on all color models that are created for each episode prior to shipping to the assigned vendor animation studio
• Work closely with Background Painters with creating and maintaining consistency in regards to the color and design of the project
• Maintain and color style props, effects, and character turnarounds, expressions, special poses and size comps to the vendor animation studio for each shipment as it pertains to its assigned episode
• Adhere to the production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
• Illustration or traditional art skills
• Knowledge of drawing software including Illustrator, Photoshop, Painter, Harmony and 3D technology where applicable
• They must be experienced in the creation of detailed style guides and be comfortable dealing with internal and external departments on a daily basis.
• A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film is essential.
• Ability to align with style and color sensibility of show
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer–Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity