|Are you a highly experienced Cinematographer looking for an exciting opportunity? Are you looking to take your career to the next level by shooting top quality video for an automotive industry leader with 26 unique brands? If this sounds like your ideal fit, then we want you to be our Cinematographer here at Truck Hero Inc!
The Cinematographer is the head of the camera and light crews working to produce video and is responsible for making all artistic and technical decisions related to the image. This position will shoot video of automobiles and auto-accessories, with and without talent, on location and in a dedicated automotive video studio. This role is responsible for product highlights, installation, event coverage, vehicles in motion, and commercials. This position will work collaboratively with an in-house creative team to generate creative and unique video assets to promote Truck Hero and its 26 brands. This role will define the visual aesthetic of all our videos in conjunction with the Director of Visual Media.
SALARY RANGE: $68,000 – $80,000
- Capture cinematic footage incorporating significant camera movement.
- Responsible for all video and audio production, rigging, generation of shot lists, shooting, and lighting.
- Responsible for ensuring video assets are in accord with the Company’s video strategy, marketing goals and objectives, as well as developing and maintaining a vision and voice for each brand to ensure consistency with the Company’s core messaging and branding.
- Ensures deliverables are in line with creative briefs and artistic direction. Effectively interprets needs and develops creative / technical solutions as part of this strategy.
- Responsible for managing, transferring and securing all the digital data acquired on-set. Collaborate with the video editor to ensure all necessary assets and production notes are successfully transferred in an organized manner.
- Responsible for workflow, systemization, camera settings, and signal integrity to achieve the highest image quality and creative goals of cinematography in the digital realm.
- Responsible for the accurate installation, operation, and depiction of vehicle accessories. This includes the sourcing and preparation of vehicles for videography: ensuring the vehicles are delivered, cleaned/detailed, moving vehicles into position and installing and uninstalling truck accessories, as needed.
- Responsible for the condition and readiness of all video equipment and identifies software and equipment needs for purchase.
- Edits videos, directs smaller productions, and assists with pre-production, as needed. As part of the creative team, contributes to concepting, storyboarding, planning, script development, editing, and color correction.
|OUR NEXT GREAT CINEMATOGRAPHER WILL HAVE:
- BA / BS / BFA degree in film studies, cinematography, motion graphics, design or related field is required.
- MFA or other advanced training / certification is preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years of professional video shooting experience is required; with both studio and location experience.
- Extensive experience working with 4K+ workflows.
- Extensive, demonstrated experience working with artificial lighting.
- Extensive, demonstrated experience working with 3 axis gimbals; DJI Ronin, DJI Osmo, etc.
- Experience directing.
- FAA Part 107 drone license with experience shooting with drones is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven technical acumen and technical curiosity; advanced-level production, shooting, and advanced editing skills.
- Excellent detail orientation with regards to video preparation and file management.
- Excellent sound design and timing.
- Excellent eye for color.
- Proficient in key photographic techniques: exposure, composition, focus and lenses.
- Ability to direct productions
- Ability to keep up to date on best practices and tools in the video space, ensuring standards remain high and techniques are cutting edge.
- Ability to light entire vehicles, as well as, individual parts.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Skilled at video editing in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, or Resolve.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to use hand tools.
- Technical acumen to rig cameras and vehicles including 3 axis gimbals (Ronin, Zhiyun Crane 2, Osmo, etc).
- Requires approximately 20% overnight travel for periods of up to 2 weeks at a time, including occasional weekends. Work from before sunrise to after sunset when required.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Truck Hero offers competitive pay and the opportunity for annual increases, based on job performance
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- A matched 401k savings program to plan and save for your retirement
- Paid vacation and time off to ensure time with your family and a work/life balance
- Educational assistance to continue college or pursue other skills and further your career
- Discounts on great Truck Hero products for you, your family, and friends
ABOUT TRUCK HERO INC:
Since 2007, Truck Hero Inc. has grown into one of the largest truck accessory manufacturers in existence and has established itself as a force to be reckoned with in the marketplace. From their Ann Arbor, MI, headquarters, they’ve steadily developed into a strong-knit family of 26 distinct brands with a product lineup that is virtually unmatched. From every angle, Truck Hero is truly a company that is on the move.
To fuel this kind of growth, Truck Hero is continually pursuing talented individuals with similar ambitions to join our team. We seek people who desire to work in a positive, team-based environment, who can commit to creating top-quality products and are internally driven to be the best. If this sounds like you, then Truck Hero would like to talk to you!
If you’d like to see what we do, check out our product lineup video!
Truck Hero – Accessories for Trucks. For Jeeps. For Life.
- Please take a moment to provide us your resume and/or complete our online application. You will quickly receive an acknowledgment that you applied, and we will follow up with you again shortly on next steps.
- Check us out at truck-hero.com!
In light of the current pandemic situation, to protect all team members we require the ability to:
- Pass daily pandemic health screening protocols which include responding to CDC recommended personal health and activity related questions.
- Follow pandemic safety protocols which may include:
- Wearing of an approved face covering at all times
- Washing hands/use of hand sanitizer upon entry to facility and as needed throughout the day
- Cleaning/disinfecting of personal work area
- Maintaining social/physical distancing requirements (six feet from others) whenever possible. In some circumstances submitting to company paid required virus testing through approved medical provider