Brown Bag Films
We’re Brown Bag Films, one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and We love Animation!
Our Toronto office is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the VP of Production in a collaborative, creative, fast-paced environment working in production. Candidate must be organized, detail-oriented and self-directed, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal applicant is a flexible thinker who’s able to anticipate needs and prioritize tasks as they arise within a fast-paced schedule and has a minimum 1-year previous office experience with a desire to work in children’s media production. As we have multiple projects in production at a time, the ability to multi-task across several concurrent deadlines and different production teams is essential in this role.
- Manage calendars/schedules to maximize the best use of time.
- Manage requests and commitments through sorting, filtering and prioritizing, while ensuring all deadlines are adhered to. The Executive Assistant will proactively and independently identify, resolve, and manage calendar conflicts.
- Relay/coordinate all travel requirements to Travel & Event Manager
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling of all Client, Leadership and Board meetings
- Organize all meetings with reminders, food and any materials required
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings and follow up on any action items
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for internal and external meetings
- Act as point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
- Complete, reconcile, and ensure timely submission expense reports and credit card reconciliations to the accounting department
- Work cross functionally as part of a team with other members and departments
- Manage additional professional and personal projects as needed
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times
- Maintain client database and ensure contact information is always up-to-date
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed – flexibility is key!
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant supporting Senior Level or C-Suite Executives
- Highly professional attitude coupled with a can-do attitude and an ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and Office 365 suite (Outlook, Sharepoint, OneDrive, etc)
- Detail oriented and exceptionally organized
- Experience in the Entertainment Industry or a keen interest in the industry is a plus
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BBF/9Story media is an equal opportunities employer who takes diversity and inclusion seriously. As a company, we provide high-quality kids content and our aim is to have diverse characters so that all our audience feel represented. As part of our recruitment strategy, we aim to ensure our workforce is balanced. BBF/9story is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, or any disability.
We encourage all to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your request in advance to our HR Department.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Monday to Friday
- executive assistant: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!