Dhar Mann Studios
ABOUT DHAR MANN STUDIOS:
Dhar Mann Studios creates viral video content that connects the world through storytelling. These short, motivational videos focused on life, business, and relationships receive over 1 Billion views monthly and have garnered over 6 Billion views on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. The team is led by Dhar Mann, a seasoned entrepreneur with a global audience of over 20 million social media followers and currently the highest viewed inspirational content creator in the world. These compelling stories depict real-life situations shown by actors that teach important life lessons, inspired by Dhar’s personal experience of success and failure. The company is driven by one founding principle: We’re not just telling stories, we’re changing lives!
We are searching for a Boom Operator that can aid in providing sound to our cinematic video productions. This individual will be key to our team in ensuring effective and high quality sound. The ideal candidate knows when to move the boom and is able to flow with the camera operator following the action, all while holding the boom steady and high. In addition, they will possess in depth knowledge of various audio equipment. This position often requires working long hours including nights and weekends. Since we are a mission-led company and all of the content we create inspires people, the right candidate will find the long hours to be exciting and highly satisfying!
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Supporting the team in running three or more productions a week through booming to achieve the best sound possible
- Carefully noting all planned camera movements and lighting requirements, to ensure that the microphone does not accidentally fall into shots or cast shadows
- Ensuring all of the sound equipment is in good working order, and carrying out minor repairs as needed
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of on-set production experience as a boom sound operator
- Must be proficient with a boom pole, external audio recorder, and a boom mic
- Flexibility within your schedule (Be on call at any given moment in time. This includes early mornings, late nights, and weekends as well)
- Ability and knowledge of how to achieve the best sound quality through proper use of a boom
- Have the ability to lift at least 30 to 50 lbs
- Must be able to contribute constructively during the production process
- Must be receptive to constructive criticism and feedback on the spot
- Solution-oriented with the ability to creatively solve problems during shoots
- Strong organizational and communication skills
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
You will report directly to the Director & Shooter Manager
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Boom Sound Operator has no personnel reporting directly to him or her
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All things creative take place at our studio in downtown Los Angeles across from the Staples Center
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
This is a 1099 Consultant role that will be around 20 hours a week with the potential to evolve into a full time position if all goes well
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- You’ll get paid between $17-22/hour depending on your experience
- We’ve kept our hiring bar really high – you will work with the best
- Our content is growing quickly, so you’ll get the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and grow a ton personally!
- Loads of perks including tons of snacks, catered lunches, and a friendly working environment
- You get to work out of a 35th-floor Penthouse in downtown LA with stunning views!
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
All of Dhar Mann Studios’ new hires will begin at the associate level, regardless of what position was applied for. Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month ‘Discovery Period’ in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set. If you are applying for a management level position, you will be part of a different Discovery Period for each step of the ladder.
This information is not for use by any unauthorized person/ site and is only to be posted by Dhar Mann Studios affiliates.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!