Bolt Entertainment is searching for an experienced Colorist that can produce high quality, consistent, quick and creative balance and grade. The ideal candidate will possess a strong commercial portfolio and master skill Color Grading. 2+ years of experience working in a production company are a plus but not necessary. Lack of work studio, professional experience may be made up by a strong portfolio.
Be sure to share a link to your website/reel/portfolio of work for consideration. If you do not have one or the other, please do not apply. A clickable link must be part of your submission or you will not be considered.
– Ability to interpret the color script from the art director and apply the given color palette to each panel.
– Maintain process and procedural integrity, quality standards through weighing, blending, sampling, color adjustments, color approvals and documentation
– Ability to copy existing color styles seamlessly
– Ability to create a new color style as needed
– Good understanding of light and shadow and form
– Ability to organize and create visual hierarchy through value
– Provide high-quality color correction and grading to enhance the film quality
– Color grading in a creative way ensuring color is in line with the vision of the team all while following branding guidelines
– Matching all shots and providing a cinematic look
– Log and sync camera masters
– Grade Shots to achieve the look of a project
– Creation of editorial and viewing media
– Upload of all deliverable media as per project specification
– Offering creative solutions, collaborating closely with the production team, and ensuring all final files are complete and organized
Qualifications / Skills:
– 2 years of experience as a Colorist in a Production Company
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred; advanced degree in Film is a plus
– Understanding color and narrative styles at an expert level
– Understand concepts of color tone, balance and composition
– Color Correction Platform knowledge of the following: Strong Baselight, Blackmagic Resolve, Nucoda
– In-depth knowledge of Color grading tapeless workflows
– Knowledge of various file formats, codecs, color space, and video legalities
– Technical ability in troubleshooting Color session projects
– Highly detailed, self starter, punctual and a strong work ethic is a must
– Excellent communication skills amongst staff and clients
– Understanding of Video File Formats and Standards
– Experience with Colorfront, Avid Media Composer
Be sure to send us sample work or a portfolio link.
Compensation depends on your experience.
Bolt Entertainment is one of the fastest-growing production companies in Atlanta known for high quality and creative production. We love turning our client’s ideas into story content. Our specialty is commercial and corporate videos that engage.
If you think you are the right person for this job, apply today.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems suspicious, please report it to us immediately!