Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent
Work schedule: Part-time
Deadline for submissions: Oct 12, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Please note: This is a part-time position during the week.
We are looking for an experienced Bilingual Videographer to perform tasks as a specialist in production, contributing creatively to programming by frequently composing distinctive visuals within the scope and time constraints of the program. Works primarily in news, sports and current affairs. Work is generally performed according to accepted CBC or industry standards but there is latitude for independent action, judgement and initiative. Duties are performed under the direction of program or other personnel, but there will be requirements to work without immediate supervision. Work is usually performed within established program formats.
- Prepares, aligns and sets up field cameras ensuring optimum visual and technical quality under prevailing conditions.
- Lights the subject or scene, composes and records program material using a hand-held camera. Ensures both visual and aural material meets technical and aesthetic requirements for editing.
- Delivers all recorded materials and perform editing.
- In the field, performs simple maintenance of equipment.
- Drives a motor vehicle on a daily basis.
- Performs all or part of the function or duties of an equivalent or lower classification.
- As assigned or required, may perform any or all of the following tasks:
- Ask scripted questions of subjects being recorded.
- Contribute to social media.
- Prepare documentation for international travel.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Three years of specialised experience in the news field or remote broadcasting.
- Excellent level of technical knowledge and understanding of daily television and digital program production methods. This includes understanding picture composition and single camera lighting.
- Knowledge generally gained through community college graduation in television arts, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with LIVE television and daily news is essential.
- Knowledge of digital visual storytelling.
- Ability to edit recorded items on available edit systems such as Avid Media Composer, Avid Newscutter is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s’ license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada’s insurance company.
- Possess a valid passport and be willing to undertake assignments involving travel internationally and domestically.
- Must be familiar with CBC’s Journalistic Standards and Practices.
- Fluency in English and French (both written and spoken) required.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours for unforeseen overtime.
- Experience with double-ender kits, voice recording devices and iPhones is an asset.
- Experience with camera work in a studio or multi-camera live environment an asset.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a calm, professional attitude.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to pursue the acquisition of story elements with minimum supervision ensuring a high degree of accuracy, quality and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly creative imaginative, problem solver and motivated self-starter.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative.
Please include a link to your demo reel or website in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
To apply for this job please visit cbc.taleo.net.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!