Canadian Cinema Editors
Job title: Bilingual Communications Specialist (English/French)
Start Date: October 1, 2020
Hours of work: Approx. 40 hours/month, more as needed
Compensation: $20-$25/hour, commensurate with experience
The Canadian Cinema Editors (CCE) is a professional, educational and cultural association. Our mission is to:
- Support the pursuit of artistic and technological pre-eminence, and excellence in post production
- Promote the education of peers, producers and students in the art and science of editing
- Bring together editors who share a common desire to advance the dignity and prestige of the profession
- Showcase the achievements of our members to Canada and the world
- Achieve recognition for, and elevation of, editors as authoritative storytellers
We are a non-profit organization with the goal of bettering the art and science of picture editing in all media. We are proud to welcome people of all races, genders, class, sexuality, ages and abilities who share the desire to tell great stories. We strive to be more inclusive in all our activities, and build a more equitable ecosystem within our industry. Through a better understanding of each other, and teaching others in our industry, we hope to advance the profile of professional film editors.
The Canadian Cinema Editors is searching for a dynamic and creative individual to join our team as a Communications Specialist. This individual will have strong design and writing skills in English and French, experience managing social campaigns and corporate social media accounts, and a general knowledge of the Canadian film and television industry. This position will help build and execute CCE’s social media strategy, manage the weekly newsletter, and handle communications for the CCE’s events, initiatives and activities.
This is a part-time, remote-work position. The initial contract will be for a 6-month trial period.
- Create and execute social media strategies to support various CCE events, programs and initiatives.
- Manage CCE’s social media platforms and maintain them with up-to-date, relevant and engaging bilingual content relating to CCE initiatives, promotion of CCE members, and the art & science of picture editing
- Media monitor and curate a variety of brand-related topics and news/articles to post on CCE’s social media platforms
- Stay up-to-date with CCE member news to promote on CCE’s social platforms
- Engage in dialogue and monitor community feedback and engagement
- Monitor trends and encourage the adoption of new social media tools
- Use social network analysis tools; collect, interpret, and report on CCE’s social media statistics
- Provide bilingual social media support during CCE events and programs, including live tweeting events (e.g. The CCE Awards) on evenings and weekends as required
- Collaborate with the CCE Board and Operations Manager on social media strategies to support relationships with CCE sponsors as connected to initiatives and events
- Design original assets for social media platforms using Adobe Creative Suite.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, write, build, send and manage the CCE’s weekly newsletter
- Design original assets for the CCE’s website as needed
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, help manage the CCE’s website and develop content as requested
- In conjunction with the CCE Board, the Operations Manager, and third-party developer, maintain the CCE website’s events and content portal
- In conjunction with the CCE Board and Operations Manager, undertake internal member communications as necessary
- In conjunction with third-party translator(s) as needed, manage the English/French translation of CCE communications
- Minimum two years’ experience in a relevant social media / communications / marketing role
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in social media strategy and execution
- Knowledge of the Canadian film and TV industry
- Advanced writing and editing skills in English and French; ability to write effective copy in a variety of different styles; knowledge of writing for SEO an asset
- Detailed knowledge of social media metrics and measurement
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite for designing social media assets
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to build and maintain relationships with CCE members, sponsors, followers, etc.
- Experience with web development platforms; basic knowledge of WordPress an asset
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent
Interested candidates must submit a bilingual cover letter, resume and portfolio link OR three writing and design samples by September 18, 2020 and indicate “Bilingual Communications Specialist” in the subject line. We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org