Dahr Mann Studios
ABOUT DHAR MANN STUDIOS:
Dhar Mann Studios is a video production company aimed at creating positive content for the social media generation. These short, motivational videos focused on life, business, and relationships receive over 1 Billion views monthly and have garnered over 10 Billion views on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok. The team is led by Dhar Mann, a mission-driven entrepreneur with a global audience of over 27 Million social media followers and currently the highest viewed inspirational content creator in the world. These compelling stories depict real life situations shown by actors that teach important life lessons, inspired by Dhar’s personal experience of success and failure. The company is driven by one founding principle: We’re not just telling stories, we’re changing lives.
We are searching for a creative and talented Director, Shooter, Editor all-in-one to help us capture fun and exciting behind the scenes content! We have an awesome team of screenwriters, casting associates, and directors. This role would require performing all the technical filming aspects including shooting and editing behind the scenes footage of our crew, filming process, special moments, and bloopers. A big part of our success formula is being able to turn around high quality videos quickly so this position requires a multi-talented, self-motivated, and resourceful individual that can wear many hats. This position often requires working long hours including nights and weekends. Since we are a mission-led company and all of the content we create inspires people, the right candidate will find the long hours to be exciting and highly satisfying!
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Directing, shooting, and editing various behind the scenes and bloopers of Dhar Mann Productions
- Editing in a creative order to craft high visual content
- Directing cast and crew to be able to tell an entertaining story
- Performing all the technical aspects of filming including camera, sound, and lighting
- Managing many moving pieces in a high pressure environment with the calmness of a seasoned professional
- Turning around quick but high quality edits to ensure deadlines are met
- Using editing equipment to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects
- Adding subtitles and branding to all videos and ensuring all final files are complete and organized
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 3 years of experience shooting/editing promotional and or short-form content with a narrative structure
- Ability to deliver high quality promos in various formats, ratios, frames, etc. within a quick turnaround time
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.
- High level experience with After Effects and color correcting/grading with DaVinci Resolve
- Demonstrated video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to learn quickly and is a team player
- Skilled in handling quick output without losing quality
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
The Director, Shooter, Editor will report directly to the Senior Production Manager and will have regular interaction.
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Director, Shooter, Editor has no personnel reporting directly to him or her.
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All the action takes place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA!
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
This is a 1099 Contractor role that will be around 20 hours a week that will quickly evolve into a full time position if all goes well.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- You’ll get paid between $30-$35 per hour, depending on your experience
- We’ve kept our hiring bar really high – you will work with the best
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
No formal cover letters, please. Instead include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
All of Dhar Mann Studios’ new hires will begin at the associate level, regardless of what position was applied for. Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month ‘Discovery Period’ in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set. If you are applying for a management level position, you will be part of a different Discovery Period for each step of the ladder.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!