Mid-City, Los Angeles
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
The Assistant Production Accountant directly supports the Production Accountants of various film productions. The primary responsibility of the position is crew payroll processing and vendor payments.
- Process paperwork and maintain files accurately and in a timely manner
- Weekly EP Payroll processing and distribution
- Print and distribute weekly crew timecards
- Transfer crew to designated shows based on TIPS and Staffing Profile
- Onboard crew from other shows or new hires
- Accounts Payable, including Vendor Setup
- Help reconcile monthly credit card statements
- SAG payroll as needed
- Journal entries as requested
- Start paperwork for new employees and Term paperwork for exiting employees
- Comply with all procedures for Invoices, Checks and Timecard approvals
- Elevate problems to Production Accountants when necessary
- Provide Production Accountants with possible solutions to problems presented
- Identify possible job efficiencies
- Consistently communicate professionally, clearly, concisely, timely and accurately with Production Accountants, Vendors, Casting, HR, Payroll and Production Employees
- Collaborate with SDA Finance team on ad hoc assignments
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and security of confidential payroll data
- Knowledge of Animation process/Animation industry experience
- Working knowledge of union pay requirements (e.g. Local 839, Local 700, SAG)
- Proficiency in Excel and Smart Accounting
- Five years’ Payroll accounting experience, especially working with Entertainment Partners
- Comfortable working in Excel
- Highly organized, flexible, team player
- Strong communication skills
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Only applications submitted through the linked job form will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.