Short Film / Student Film
STATUS: Union and Non-Union may apply
SCHOOL / PRODUCTION COMPANY: Ryerson University
PRODUCERS: Meagan Brown, Sofia Powell
DIRECTOR/WRITER: Josh Fagen
CASTING BY: Ryerson University
CASTING DIRECTOR: Meagan Brown
CASTING ASSOCIATE: Josh Fagen
CASTING ASSISTANT: Sofia Powell
AUDITION LOCATION: 122 Bond Street
SHOOT LOCATION: Grimsby, ON
AUDITION DATES: Sat. Nov. 2nd and Sun. Nov. 3rd
Allow additional time for parking.
SHOOT DATES: Thurs. Nov. 28th to Sun. Dec. 1st
There will be 2 additional days in January – Dates TBD
PAY RATE: Unpaid Student Film as per our ACTRA Agreement
• We can accept union and non-union actors through our student agreement with ACTRA.
• This is a non-paying student film and no permit is required.
• Actors will receive a copy of the finished film for their demo reel.
• Meals and beverages will be provided on set.
• We will reimburse for all travel costs to and from the shoot.
• In the event that an actor cannot provide their own transportation, drives can be arranged for the actor.
• The roles of ELLEN & ARNIE may require special effects makeup for one scene, which will be made from either silicone or latex.
• The plans for makeup have yet to be confirmed, however we ask that you indicate in your application whether you have sensitivities to these products, to help us with planning.
After the death of her father, Ellen grapples with the customary grieving process, while navigating distressing family drama. When a strange apparition forces itself into the house of mourning, Ellen is challenged to confront the demons that haunt her.
ELLEN – LEAD ROLE – FEMALE – 35-40 YRS OLD – ANY RACE
23 LINES – 17 SCENES
After the recent death of her father, Ellen struggles to cope with the loss. Plagued by regret, she is haunted by the thought that she could have done more while her father was still alive. She is naturally genuine and warm, but when tensions in the family run high, Ellen must find her own way to grieve.
NOTE: This role requires one scene with special effects makeup, please let us know if you have any allergies to latex or silicone.
DAVID – LEAD ROLE – MALE – 8-12 YRS OLD – ANY RACE
10 LINES – 12 SCENES
Shy but inquisitive, David seems unaffected by the loss of his grandfather and uses his obsession with video games as an escape from the gravity of the situation. A bit of a contradiction, he is mature yet dependant on his mother, Ellen.
JOYCE – ACTOR ROLE – FEMALE – 65-99 YRS OLD – ANY RACE
5 LINES – 3 SCENES
Joyce is the overbearing mother of Ellen. Stern and proper, she thinks she knows best and is quick to impose her own parenting methods on her grandson, David. While she is distraught by the loss of her husband, she is also bitter towards Ellen for the decisions she’s made.
ARNIE – ACTOR ROLE – MALE – 65-99 YRS OLD – ANY RACE
5 LINES – 4 SCENES
Arnie is Ellen’s deceased father. Stuck in limbo on the fringes of the afterlife, he is a confused and scared man who is forced to watch his own family mourn his death. This role requires one scene of special effects makeup. Please let us know if you have any allergies to silicone or latex.
To apply for this job please visit ebosscanada.com.