Project Type: Various
Job Date: Ongoing
Union Status: Non-Union
We are seeking a writer who’s passionate about kids and family content to join Netflix’s Product Writing team. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled communicator who has experience, interest and expertise in kids and family entertainment — particularly in content geared toward preschoolers and younger children. In this role, you’ll be expected to research titles and gather information from multiple sources to craft engaging, accurate synopses and other custom copy that guides members toward the best entertainment options for them and their families.
If you get genuinely excited about children’s content, have deep knowledge of film and TV made for children, and have the ability to distill complicated ideas into concise, consumer-friendly language that sparks joy and hits the heart of a title? Well, this may be the role for you.
This is a full-time, hourly position based in our Los Angeles, California office, reporting to the Synopsis Manager, though you will be working closely with the team’s kids and family vertical editor.
- You’ll collaborate with a large, diverse team of writers and editors to write about multiple movies and television shows, with a particular focus on titles from our branded and unbranded kids and family catalogues.
- You’ll synthesize information from research tools, content creators — and sometimes critics — to create copy that’s engaging, accurate and age-appropriate, writing in the voice of a knowledgeable kids’ media fan.
- You’ll apply your writing expertise and passion for children’s media to cross-functional innovation projects by collaborating with other writers and meeting with members of the analysis, design and product teams.
- As many on our team work remotely, you’ll use Slack, Google Hangouts, email and other digital tools to communicate about assignments, projects and publishing deadlines.
- 5+ years relevant writing experience
- Exceptional ability in short-form writing and editing
- Understanding of AP style
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated and curious
- Comfort with kind but candid feedback
- Experience working with established kids and family brands
- Recently published examples of children’s film/television criticism or culture writing
- Familiarity with AB testing structure
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Experience writing for tweens and teens
- Strong copy-editing skills a plus
Please note that candidates will be asked to complete a brief (but fun!) writing exercise as part of the application process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.