The VFX Supervisor ensures creative and technical approaches are used to realize the creative vision of the project. With a strong knowledge of the advertising industry and VFX process, the VFX Supervisor will oversee the work of their team’s project while making decisions about the workflow and monitoring progress. The person will maintain positive relationships with the client, presenting work, finding solutions to creative issues and reporting on progress as needed.
- Spearhead the creation of a strategy and establishment of an overall vision that will be applied throughout the advertising project to ensure the best creative and technical approach to meet the client’s needs;
- In collaboration with the VFX Producer and the Executive Producer, assist in the completion of bids;
- Communicate the creative vision and objectives to the project team, ensuring individual and/or team responsibility for results are clearly understood;
- Find creative ways to ensure that the artistic vision of the client is respected and that projects are delivered on time and on budget, meeting Rodeo FX’s high quality standards;
- Closely monitor the overall creative process, including performing daily reviews of assets and shots, providing regular feedback and guidance to team members. Assist the team to solve issues that arise during production;
- Be present on set for the filming of VFX sequences, when requested by production;
- In collaboration with the VFX Producer, ensure that all assigned projects have a well-defined production schedule, adequate and appropriate resources, performance targets and milestones;
- Alongside the VFX Producer, maintain regular communication with the client on the status of projects. Ensure the maintenance of ongoing positive and collaborative working relationships with clients;
- In conjunction with the VFX Producer, monitor project budgets on a regular basis. Review any discrepancies with production, finding creative solutions to keep projects on time and within budget;
- Actively monitor the work climate in his/her team, taking steps to maintain a positive work environment and adherence to company values;
- Positively represent Rodeo FX within the advertising, and related communities, both locally and in the worldwide market, to further grow the company’s reputation as an industry leader. This can include giving conferences, participating in panels and actively participating in industry events.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in advertising and or visual effects;
- Strong knowledge of VFX shot and the production process
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Good knowledge of Shotgun project management software an asset;
- Work well under pressure and in fast paced environments
- Must be available for occasional international travel.
- Full-time, Permanent Contract ;
- Flexible, hybrid and remote work structure in all our locations ;
- 5 paid sick/personal days ;
- 2 additional statutory holidays in the winter holidays ;
- Group Insurance, access to Dialogue online support and to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- RRSP with employer contribution ;
- Discounts on public transports, several spas, sports classes, art centers, cafes, furniture and several other local businesses.
Diversity is a core value at Rodeo FX. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment where diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe every member on our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to perceive and interact with the world, identify challenges, and to design and deliver projects.
To apply for this job please visit click.appcast.io.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!