NBC News Digital is looking for a production associate to help our team craft compelling breaking, original and enterprise videos NBCNews.com and our verticals, BETTER and THINK.
You’re a good candidate for this role if you have the desire to develop into a strong digital producer and editor and want to help our team create high quality, journalistic, digital video. In this role, you will work with our video producers and video journalists to research, book interviews, assist on shoots, screen field work, log interviews, and contribute to a mix of short-form videos across a variety of topics. The right candidate will be comfortable balancing tasks and taking direction from a team of editors, reporters and colleagues across the newsroom.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to the digital video production process while working with an iconic media brand.
- Work closely with the NBCNews.com video team to research story ideas
- Screen and log tapes
- Assist in setting up shoots
- Develop your ability to pitch, report, write, shoot, edit and produce videos for NBCNews.com, and its’ verticals, under the guidance of our team of experience video producers
- Learn about and experiment with content and format types
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1 year of professional experience working in a digital or TV production environment
• Some familiarity with AVID and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Aware of latest formats and trends in digital video
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Ability to execute under tight deadlines
• Must be willing to work in New York City and travel
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must submit a resume, short cover letter, links to two videos, detailing your role in each (You should have served in a supporting role in at least one of the pieces)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Always use caution and do your due diligence before sharing private information. While we do check every job, we are not affiliated with the recruiters.
If this posting seems off, please report it to us!